A thank you message from Carissa:
We will get through this together.
The spread of the coronavirus has introduced a great deal of uncertainty into all of our lives. In some ways, it feels like I am back in DC as a young Americorps volunteer on September 11. I share the same sense of unknown, concern for my friends and loved ones, and deep appreciation for our first responders.
I am also deeply appreciative of the community I am a part of, as each of us steps forward to do our part. Here are some basic things that you can do:
1. Share your appreciation for our janitorial workers, grocery store workers, delivery people, health care workers, and first responders.
2. Stay home and practice physical distancing.
3. If you have a cough, temperature, or other respiratory symptoms, please call your healthcare provider. Many clinics and hospitals have already set up systems to support you that don’t require you to come to clinic.
4. If you need an ambulance, alert them that you are experiencing respiratory symptoms.
5. Patronize our local businesses as much as possible while maintaining physical distancing.
6. Share data-based resources with people around you.
Discussion about Covid-19 between Carissa Froyum &
Dr. Adam Roise, MD, MPH & Carissa's husband.
Resources for Iowans
Waverly One-stop Shop of Info
A special loan program (with loan forgiveness) for small businesses. This program is first come, first serve. More resources are available here.
Offers low-interest SBA loans with interest deferred for up to 4 years.
Resources for Small Businesses
What can I do to help with the campaign during this time?
We are committed as ever to ensuring healthcare access, quality schools, and infrastructure for our smaller towns and rural areas in Iowa!
Right now, we are focused on supporting our neighbors and communities.
What can you do to help?
HEALTHCARE WORKER CARE PACKAGES: We are making care packages to distribute to our frontline healthcare workers who are working tirelessly right now. Contact us to donate items or time to this effort.
Support your community!
Volunteer to help us make phone calls, write postcards, or host a virtual meet and greet. Contact us at FroyumForHouse@gmail.com or (319) 427-3429
Talk with your friends about our campaign!